A repeat felon has admitted to murdering his neighbor, ripping out her heart, and serving it to his family for dinner before killing his uncle and a four-year-old girl, authorities in Oklahoma report. 

Forty-two-year-old Lawrence Paul Anderson is said to have stabbed the neighbor, Andrea Lynn Blankenship, resulting in her death at her domicile in Chickasha on Feb. 9.  

He then returned to his home and stabbed three other people, including his uncle, aunt, and their granddaughter, on the very same day in a blood-soaked rampage, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation says. 

Authorities were contacted and discovered the uncle, 67-year-old Leon Pye, and the child, Kaeos Yates, both wounded. The girl was pronounced dead while being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. 

Anderson’s aunt, Delsie Pye, had stab wounds in both eyes but lived through the ordeal. 

Anderson confessed to his macabre dinner plans, saying he served his family human flesh after killing Blankenship, investigators say he told them during an interrogation. 

“He cooked the heart with potatoes to feed to his family to release the demons,” an OSBI agent documented in a court filing.  

One Twitter user remarked, “Some people are handling the lockdown better than others.”

Sadly, the triple murder may have been avoided. It was revealed Anderson had been prematurely let out of prison just over a month ago, according to the Oklahoman

In 2017, a judge ordered Anderson to serve 20 years in prison for gun and drug offenses before Governor Kevin Stitt reduced the sentence to nine years at the suggestion of the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board. 

Anderson was let out on parole in January and had been living with his aunt and uncle.  

On Tuesday Jason Hicks, the Grady County District Attorney, charged Anderson with three counts of first-degree murder and two felony charges of assault and battery with a deadly weapon as well as maiming. 

The accused cannibal openly wept in court during his first appearance on Tuesday, notifying the judge: “I don’t want no bail, your honor. I don’t want no bail.” 

Officials with the Chickasha Police Department were tipped off to the double murder in the Pyes home at 214 W. Minnesota Ave. on Feb. 9 when Delsie made a 911 call.  

Anderson was apprehended at the residence when police “observed [him] throwing up in the living room into some pillows,” the OBSI agent described in a request for a search warrant.

Blankenship’s murder was not detected until two days later after investigators questioned him at a hospital where he was being treated for undisclosed wounds.  

“He confessed to going to 227 West Minnesota Avenue, Chickasha,” the agent documented, referencing Blankenship’s home. 

“He used his shoulder to knock in the back door. There were two German Shepherd dogs in the house. Anderson advised he killed the female resident and cut her heart out.”

On Friday, 41-year-old Blankenship was named as the victim. A GoFundMe campaign to pay for her funeral expenses has raised more than $4,000 as of Wednesday. 

According to the search warrant, the agent said investigators wanted to gather up “pots, pans, and any utensils for cooking” as evidence from the Pye residence.  

Investigators are also looking into if Anderson was using drugs at the time of the attack, according to the Oklahoman. 

Anderson’s lawyer, Al Hoch, suggested that he will be seeking a mental evaluation to find out if his client is capable of standing trial. 

On Feb. 11 Tasha Yates and Taranzo Pye, Kaeos’s parents, spoke about their anguish regarding their daughter’s death in an interview with KFOR.  

“Tell your kids you love them, do everything with them that you possibly can,” Taranzo advised. “Because you never know when they might be taken away from you.”

He remarked on Anderson, saying “He ruined everything. He ruined my whole life.” 

Yates added:”’For me right now, it’s just like random bursts of sorrow, complete sadness that overtakes you. My little soul is broken, my baby.”

For most of the past 15 years Anderson has been behind bars, according to state records. 

He was sentenced to four years for assaulting his girlfriend and aiming a gun at her as well as possession of crack cocaine with intent to distribute in 2006. He was set free after serving less than two years.  

Anderson found himself back in prison in 2012 when he was sentenced to 15 years for distributing crack cocaine adjacent to a Chickasha elementary school. He was once again let go in 2017 after five years and four months with the condition of 20 years probation.  

Not even five months after that release, Anderson was arrested again for brandishing a handgun in a church parking lot. Police later discovered a vial of PCP hidden in his underwear. 

In December 2017, a judge then rescinded his probation in full and sentenced him to 20 years for new drug and gun charges.  

During that sentencing, Anderson allegedly informed the judge he was using bipolar medication. 

He only served three years before being set free last month after the governor commuted his sentence. 

Anderson is currently being held without bond and Hicks remarked that the death penalty “is on the table.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *